This is a Preventative Maintenance Mechanic position that will be responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and other duties as assigned.
In addition, the Tech II will assist other Technicians in repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as diagnosis and internal engine and transmission repairs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and the ability to meet Ryder's driving qualifications
- 2 years of proven Preventative Maintenance, tire and brake experience on medium to heavy-duty vehicles (or equivalent educational degree or certificate in Diesel Technology)
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance
- Possess at minimum a basic set of hand tools