The Tech I position is an entry-level mechanic position which will allow opportunities to train in Tech II level responsibilities. The Tech I will do general brake, lube and tire repairs, assist Technicians in PM's and other maintenance activities. This is a training position to prepare the candidate for a Tech II position.
The incumbent will be required to work/train with an assigned trainer &/or mentor (a successful Senior Level Technician). Training will include Heating and Air, brakes, tires, Preventative Maintenance (PM's), transmission/clutch, refrigeration, compliance with EPA and Safety Procedures, administrative/systems processes, assisting and performing other duties/training as assigned per the supervisor/manager.
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer
- Must be able to document repairs on the computer
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and the ability to meet Ryder's driving qualifications
- Trainee to 1 year light mechanical repair experience
- Possess at minimum a basic set of hand tools
- Mechanical aptitude assessment is required with the ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and in different locations