Sept 21, 2018 10:00 A.M. EDTWe will continue to post updates here regarding Ryder maintenance, fuel, rental, and pre-owned vehicle locations, as well as important phone numbers and information.
The following Ryder locations have altered operating hours or service levels:
521 – Wilmington – Closed
All other Ryder service shops, rental locations, and pre-owned vehicle sales centers in North America are under normal operations.
RyderGyde™ - Manage your Fleet Anytime, Anywhere
Find Ryder locations and see business information, schedule maintenance service, view real-time contracted fuel rates, contact roadside assistance, and see upcoming appointments in one, easy‑to‑use mobile application. Download RyderGyde today.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS:
Location and fuel information: 1-877-793-3711
Ryder Customer Service Response Center (RCRC): U.S. 1-888-715-7272; Canada 1-877-550-7272
Returning Flooded Vehicles to Service
This guide provides you with the steps you should and should not take to safely return a flooded vehicle into service. Please review them carefully to avoid the risk of injury.
- Do not blindly reach into areas that are not clearly visible. Examine the area first with a flashlight.
- During floods it is not uncommon for animals and reptiles to seek refuge from flood waters in vehicles or the engine compartment.
- Do not start, or attempt to start, the vehicle without first ensuring there is been no water intrusion into the engine or fuel system.
- Do not start, or attempt to start, reefer engines without first ensuring there is no water intrusion into the fuel tanks.
- Do not operate any electrical devices.
- Do not operate lift gates or other specialized equipment without prior inspection by a technician.
- Do always use extreme caution.
- Do inspect the vehicle thoroughly, and look for the high water mark on the vehicle. Once you have found the high water mark, determine if water made it above the hubcap.
- Do contact Ryder at 888-715-7272 if water mark is above the hubcap. Ryder will send a technician to your location to inspect your equipment prior to use.
- Do tow vehicles out of standing water as soon as possible for inspection- DO NOT START.
- Do please contact your insurance company for assistance with damage identification and disposition of claims related to water damage.
Vehicle Damages and Claims
If you have any storm related damage to your Ryder rental or lease vehicle, please call our dedicated claims team at 800-753-8808 extension 327 and extension 354 to begin the claims process.
American Red Cross Disaster Relief
Ryder has proudly partnered with the American Red Cross since 1991. We are honored to provide anytime, anywhere access to the vital vehicles and transportation services the American Red Cross relies on in times of need. Through Ryder’s long-standing partnership with the American Red Cross, we’ve made it easy to donate right now to disaster relief efforts.